We are currently seeking a Lead UX/UI Designer to join our team. We are passionate about advocating for user needs and delivering world-class products that redefine our customers’ day-to-day financial activities.
What happens at a company when its employees are set up to do their uniquely creative work? Capital One’s Data Experience Design team (Data.xd) uses human-centered approaches to design how the bank of the future runs behind the scenes—designing how our company’s platforms, data, and touchpoints work in concert so that the tools associates use day-to-day in their roles puts them in a place of creativity and ah-ha moments instead of routine tasks and grunt work. Capital One made huge investments in technology, data, and design to be able to re-imagine how people bank; and now the tools and systems associates use to problem solve and invent new things can be just as dynamic and personalized as the experiences we’re designing for our customers. That’s why the Data.xd team exists.
What You’ll Do:
As a leader and maker, you’ll be asked to handle responsibilities, including:
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborating with technology, product, and business teams to uncover customer and business needs, then translating them into engaging, simple, and intuitive design solutions and understandable concepts that evolve and enhance the product interface and experience
- Engaging in portfolio prioritization to help set the strategy and product road map for the team
- Managing through shifting priorities to provide clear direction and input on product prioritization and support early product definition
- Advocating for the customer through human-centered design methods, including: discovery, research, whiteboard sessions, and user testing
- Championing prioritization of design centered product enhancements grounded in research and analysis
- Working with partners and teams across various geographies
- Embracing and advocating for an experience mindset - this is as important to the work as the results
Leading & Developing Teams
- Building and leading successful teams through career development by mentoring, coaching, and elevating others
- Guiding team members in strategy, research, alignment, analysis, design critiques, and design execution tasks
- Navigating conflict resolution within your team as well as within projects, teams and partner relationships
Discovering & Delivering
- Supporting early product definition by working with partners to facilitate discovery sessions that uncover customer pain points and opportunities
- Demonstrating familiarity with design tools to deliver concepts and enable successful collaboration across teams
- Driving end-to-end product design by:
- Working with researchers to understand customer needs and define opportunities through usability and empathy studies and analyzing data trends
- Framing problems, defining insights, and designing new methodologies/practices to serve customer needs
- Creating process and user flows, wireframes, journey maps, and interaction models, resulting in low to high fidelity prototypes
- Planning and facilitating workshops with internal and external stakeholders to align with business needs
- Designing within existing — and creating new — standards to contribute to our internal design system, best practices, and guidelines
- Storytelling through business acumen and presenting visual concepts to various stakeholders
- Creating high fidelity design assets for acceptance, development, and delivery to market in partnership with technology colleagues
- At least 6 years of experience with UX or UI design
- Experience designing for cross channel experiences
- Comfortable working with a variety of business partners and delivering outcomes
- Familiarity with design and prototyping tools, such as Adobe Products, Sketch or Figma
- Familiarity with working and contributing to and established design system
- Experience managing a cross-functional team
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).