WE ARE / The Cultural Impact Lab. We exist to engineer culture. We’re experimenters and amplifiers at our core, blending paid/earned/shared/owned media expertise, cultural listening, strategic storytelling and ideation, PR, and creative executional tactics to generate conversations that make the work famous.
YOU ARE / A seasoned media buyer, across all local channels (primarily broadcast). A logical thinker and doer. Someone who can give meaning to media plans and goals. Curious by nature—you have a grasp on media trends and can use them to make media plans stronger. Detail-oriented. A lover of math and numbers. A fan of solving puzzles.
YOUR BASELINE / You have local media buying experience across Strata or Mediaocean platforms (4+ years preferably). You’ve navigated the most complicated rep firm/vendor conversations and are ready to bring that negotiation savvy to client scenarios. You have proven experience in taking good media executions to great.
YOUR IMPACT / You'll:
• Bring to life beautifully-done scheduling executions for culturally resonant clients
• You’ll blend tactics and creativity to strengthen campaigns and the culture-transforming creative they’re supporting
• Sustain strong, equitable relationships with our reps and vendors
• Use your critical and strategic thinking skills to build processes and negotiate growing media business
• Lead some of the best and brightest assistant buyers and buyers, bettering their (and your) output
This role will report into our vp, associate media director.
Make you wanna join the fight? Read on for more detail.
In the Cultural Impact Lab, we exist to engineer culture.
We believe you can indeed bottle fame and brew glory — but to be seen, heard and buzzed about in this noisy world of ours takes work.
We’re a brand-new model for what engineering that cultural buzz can be — that electric energy generated around brands, zeitgeist moments, and cultural movements. Harnessed the right way it can be a loudspeaker for the best creative ideas and the vehicle that carries brand messages to stardom. We put culture and buzz at the heart of everything we make.
Our media buying team one is one of the most experienced in the industry, and we buy across top-ranked markets for some of the most creatively impactful brands in the space.
We’re growing full steam ahead and are looking for a senior buyer to match our momentum and join us in supporting our media clients.
That's where you come in.
- You’ll bring to life beautifully-done scheduling executions. That passion for tactical thinking and solving puzzles will have a place to thrive, as you work to dictate serve times, days, and channels for impactful creative work. You’ll take insightful strategies and bring them to the right audiences.
- You’ll create stronger campaigns with market and tactical recommendations. You’ll identify creative solutions for reaching customers in our ever-changing media landscape, noting market and channel nuances.
- You’ll identify opportunistic growth opportunities for our client partners. Be that experimenting with new platforms and channels or scanning the market for the right moments, you’ll bring your expertise to help elevate the messages of our clients.
- You’ll deliver posting results. Our team will look to you to create ongoing, insightful reports that track campaigns and provide POVs on ways to optimize during their lifecycle.
- Proven experience in local media buying (particularly broadcast) across Strata or Mediaocean platforms
- A history of putting together strong media posting results
- Made informed, creative buying recommendations
- A cultivator of strong, genuine relationships
- A strong communicator (both written and conversationally), collaborator, and negotiator
- A solutions-based, strategic thinker
- A self-motivated and can focus on details and deadlines for many projects
- A convincing presenter that can sell story ideas or inspire interest
- A multitasker and nimble worker by nature – we move at the pace of culture and no day is the same as the last
- A lover of details and have interesting organizational tricks for keeping track of them