WE ARE / Superjoy. A community of creative innovation. A content creation hub in overdrive that takes ideas and gives them color.
YOU ARE / A seasoned creative first, technician a close second. Motion design’s number one fan. A believer in beautiful design. A thinker and a doer. A mover—of people and of work. A systems thinker—someone with experience in pulling the right pieces together that make creative work great.
YOUR BASELINE / Adobe After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop are your closest friends. 3D animation is your playground. You understand the business and the elevated role animation plays in telling brand stories and have been doing this 5+ years. You've brought impactful ideas to life through a mix animation and editing tools.
YOUR IMPACT / You'll:
• Use your love of animation and design to do work you love with people you love
• Develop the briefs, animation templates, and style guides that keep creativity at the center of Superjoy
• Support and at times direct teams in making culture-transforming creative
• Use critical and strategic thinking skills to build processes and business
• Learn from the best and brightest content creators at Martin, bettering your output
This role will report into the head of animation and design.
Make you wanna join the fight? Read on for more detail or click to apply.
Superjoy’s animation and motion graphics group is a close-knit, imaginative team of half a dozen creators that finds joy in making art—and ideas—move. We make things: things that inspire, thing that influence, and things that push. From intricate commercial work to simple end cards, we’ve done it all for clients like DoorDash, UPS, and Happy Egg.
We’re growing full steam ahead and are looking for an experienced animator to match our momentum and create some awesome work.
That's where you come in.
- You’ll bring a love of creation through animation to the work every day. You’ll make impactful work that the world talks about, using motion to tell stories across mediums.
- You’ll influence and manage the creative process. From templates and style guides to renderings and models, you’ll inspire it all through a deep technical understanding of animation theory, motion design and creative tools.
- You’ll lead teammates in delivering incredible creative. Teams will expect you to guide them through animation challenges, working with big personalities and under bigger deadlines. You’ll keep them focused on the output and the final product.
- You’ll cultivate relationships with some of the most innovative creators in the industry. Superjoy is a creative playground, and between or teammates and our clients, you’ll be collaborating and partnering with an ambitious crew of makers.
- Have 5+ years of experience creating animation art and experiences for national brands. We’re ready to consider less if your portfolio tells a strong creative story
- Have proven success in 3D animation and motion design
- Are proficient in modeling, texturing, and rendering
- Have managed and led the full creative process in a previous role, from briefs to incorporating feedback to open projects
- Are proficient in Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Are excited about a non-traditional approach to creating content for ambitious clients
- Are a cultivator of strong, genuine relationships
- Are a strong communicator (both written and conversationally), collaborator, and negotiator
- Are self-motivated and focus on details and deadlines for many projects
- Can sell inspiring ideas to audiences like clients, agency leaders and creatives