At Wildfire, our Strategy team is structured to oversee all communications planning, consumer insights, research, strategic planning, and media projects. We believe that bringing disciplines together into a tight-knit, efficient group leads to a more holistic approach to the process and drives truly effective and breakthrough work. Media is an integral part of the Strategy Team and Wildfire’s digital capabilities as a whole.
This position requires an energetic, strategic, innovative, proactive, and data-driven media expert. and thrives in a creative and entrepreneurial environment and uses their own inherent creativity to solve problems. The Media Manager is responsible for all media initiatives planned and undertaken by Wildfire on behalf of our Clients. They manage the planning, tactical execution, and reporting of both organic and paid campaigns. This individual works closely with other members of the Strategy team, as well as counterparts on the account, creative and digital teams, to build engaging and effective communications programs. This position reports to the Chief Strategy Officer and supports a wide variety of Clients across categories and budget levels.
- Maintains a deep and comprehensive understanding of Clients’ businesses and marketing objectives.
- Leads development of strategic media solutions on behalf of Clients
- Contributes to broader communications planning in their area of expertise and beyond.
- Manages all paid and organic media campaigns and leads presentation of all media-related outputs to Clients.
- Reviews media and communications planning briefs, identifies client KPIs, sets media strategies, allocates budgets, and manages resources.
- Oversees execution, ongoing management, measurement and reporting for all media efforts.
- Manages status of all media projects—tracks timelines, coordinates resources for development of creative assets according to media plans with Account Managers and creative team.
- Maintains pulse and deep understanding of audience buying tactics and bidding strategies for paid campaigns across platforms.
- Monitors business and campaign results. Proactively identifies opportunities and recommends optimizations/adjustments to better reach Client objectives. Communicates campaign successes, failures, and optimizations for future campaigns to both internal team and Client.
- Supervises and manages the Agency’s media team–inclusive of both on-staff FTEs and freelance resources.
- Ensures the Account team (and Clients) are kept abreast of media flighting, creative needs, changes in targeting strategies or opportunities throughout campaigns, updates to platforms and specs, etc.
- Tracks paid media activity at a macro level: flighting, budgets, and expenses by channel and Client.
- Manages budget reconciliation reports for Clients, using Agency’s systems and procedures.
- Oversees development of media purchase authorizations/invoices and accurately tracks Clients’ media budgets and expenses by channel.
- Provides expert media expertise and recommendations to the new business team during pitches and proposal development for digital media projects.
- Partners with the Agency’s New Business team to write case studies on successful campaigns.
- Develops Agency or Client POVs relating to industry happenings in the media space.
- Participates in agency-level professional development and other relevant training opportunities.
- Develops and leads Agency training related specifically to the media discipline.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a communications, media, or advertising-focused area.
- 5+ years’ experience in paid media planning/buying and campaign management.
- Deep experience in both digital and traditional media channels.
- Strong understanding of how to evaluate media plans over time, track campaign performance, and optimize within channels.
- Passion for emerging trends and innovation in the media space, plus willingness to stay up-to-date.
- Proven leadership ability and management skills.
- Ability to confidently present media recommendations to Clients and internal teams, in an easily digestible manner.
- Problem-solving mentality and decision-making ability.
- Passion for learning and strong sense of curiosity.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to derive insights and opportunities from media performance data.
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team and independently as needed.
- Proficient in Google Suite products (Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Calendar).
- Certified in Google Adwords and the ability to utilize Google Analytics and other analytic platforms to evaluate media effectiveness, build audiences, and set up/ensure proper tracking of campaign conversions.
- Experience in Google DataStudio or Google Tag Manager.
Wildfire, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.