The marketing and communications coordinator is a vital member of the organization’s marketing team. They will be responsible for implementing a social media strategy and plan that supports the organization’s marketing in three primary areas: increasing earned income, increasing giving and increasing awareness.
- Implements VisArts’ social media strategy. Current platforms include: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Vimeo. Evaluates new platforms as they come online and determines applicability for VisArts.
- Creates / designs fresh, innovative digital content for the organization’s social media feeds.
- Manages the distribution process of VisArts’ course catalogs (five per year).
- Maintains the organization’s photography repository, which is organized on SmugMug. Books professional photographers for large-scale events and takes photographs at small-scale events and programs. Documents both adult and youth classes on an ongoing basis. Uploads all photos to the organization’s photography repository and ensures they’re tagged accordingly. Provides training and support to staff who need access.
- Proofreads press releases, articles and organization’s monthly newsletter, which includes feature stories, information about upcoming events, course promotions and more. Collects and maintains distribution lists from across the organization.
- Special projects, as needed.
- An innovative thinker and problem solver willing to handle a diverse workload.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to interact professionally, collaboratively and productively with colleagues, vendors and organizational stakeholders.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple and changing priorities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Must be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some movement is required. The ability to walk, drive, lift boxes and stand for long periods of time is required.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Average Hours of Work per week
It is expected that the position will work 20 hours per week. Work hours can be flexible.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, marketing or comparable discipline.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Familiarity with AP Style.
- Familiarity with visual storytelling and social media best practices.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 1-2 years work experience.
- Some background and/or interest in the arts.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong knowledge / interest in photography and video editing
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Coordinator hiring range $18-$20 hourly
EEO / AA Statement
Visual Arts of Richmond provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Visual Arts of Richmond complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.