Reporting to the Chief Content Officer, the Director, Digital Operations provides operational and strategic leadership for all non-news content and closely coordinates with VPM News to ensure operational alignment. Focusing on enhancing reach and performance of VPM platforms through digital best practices, the Director will utilize all available information (content production schedules, news cycles, marketing plans, audience segment goals, analytics, etc.) to develop and execute on high-level strategic content schedules and plans.
VPM believes attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to create and serve a more informed public.
• Manages a team of social media product owners (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) to ensure that all content aligns and meets VPM specifications.
• Leads support of social community management and determines how and when to engage.
• Directs teams across VPM to implement platform strategy by documenting and executing best practices and measuring performance with digital analytics.
• Works with content producers to manage digital aspects of VPM produced programs, from asset-gathering and acceptance to site build-out, promotion, and maintenance.
• Circulates content for approval from internal partners.
• Runs weekly stand-up and editorial meetings to ensure alignment across the organization.
• Manages the department budget and monitors expenses.
• Cultivates and manages relationships with outside vendors.
• Develops high-level digital content planning calendar with VPM audience segment goals in mind.
• Works closely with content producers to develop audience segment-specific digital assets and coordinated campaigns that align with platform priorities.
• Stays current on digital media industry trends and best practices.
• Manages copy approval for digital channels, non-news content, exemplifying and enhancing the VPM voice.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and work experience
• At least four years of digital media experience.
• Knowledgeable about public media, journalism, audio & video content, and the digital media spectrum.
• Proven ability to organize and manage multiple complex projects and problem solve independently.
• Driven self-starter with a proactive mindset and able to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence, translating between platform owners and content creators.
• Proven ability to write copy to support digital content.
• Strong analytical skills to evaluate the impact of content campaigns.
• Proficient using project management, analytics, and social posting tools such as Google Analytics, Airtable, and Asana.
• Possesses excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.
EOE M/F/D/V VPM reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.